Sunday, June 9
We got started somewhat late to avoid some potential rain that didn't arrive. The first 10 or so miles was a very gentle climb through a rural area. The remainder of a 2,000 ft climb into national forest started after that. It was relatively steep but the scenery was fantastic and the temperature perfect.
After that was an equally long descent on dirt roads, the bottom half being private rural ranch land.
Kaden was riding like a new man, with no complaints about seat comfort. He had used info from the bike shop across the street from our hotel on how to treat his saddle sores during the rest day. I also had him try the new saddle we picked up (brooks cambium c17 carved) then mine (Selle anatomica titanico x). The way he smiled and commented after trying mine I knew it was going to be his for the rest of the ride. It's not my favorite but I can get by on the other one.
Pictures from the day appear below.
Waaazzup:
Shooting cans with a slingshot during a break at an informal campsite that we found during the climb:











No comments:
Post a Comment